Rest assured, we’re actively tracking the local metrics and updates—it helps that instead of sleeping at night, Gordon consumes copious amounts of black coffee while reading research papers and legal contracts. So you can trust that we’ve thoroughly reviewed everything that we are ALLOWED to do.
The following is our plan for what we are GOING to do.
What you’re about to read is Phase One of our gradual reopening plan. Up until now, and for the time being, we remain in Phase Zero, which involves carryout, weekend heat-and-serve delivery, and curbside pickup of games, toys and puzzles.
Outdoor Patio Dining Criteria
Added June 30, 2020
We will open for limited outdoor patio dining when the following criteria are met:
Phase One Criteria
(Last Updated June 7, 2020)
We will open for Phase One of in-restaurant dining when the following criteria are met:
- 10% or greater availability of hospital beds (IBA) in the Southeast region as reported by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Positive Test Rate is 7% or below for 7 consecutive days as measured by Johns Hopkins University
- 100 or fewer New Daily Infections statewide for 10 consecutive days as measured by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- If the Positive Test Rate is instead 3% or below for 7 consecutive days, this threshold becomes 250 New Daily Infections.
- If the Positive Test Rate is instead 2% or below for 7 consecutive days, this threshold becomes 400 New Daily Infections.
Please note, this post is going to discuss primarily what we’re doing. If you’d like to get a more in-depth look at why we’re doing it, give Gordon’s recent Blog Post a read.
Until these three criteria are met, we will be open for carryout and delivery only. We will not be open for in-restaurant dining.
After we have reached Phase One, should the above metrics fall back outside of the criteria we have set, our locations will return to Phase Zero and we will once again close the dining room.
Now, without further ado, here is what you can expect from Phase One of the Barrister Bounce Back plan.
Phase One Details
- Seating will be reduced, and will be available by reservation only.
- Access to the game library will be limited, and games will be quarantined for 3 days before being returned to the library.
- Our dining room will be rearranged to maintain a 6-foot distance between all tables.
- Tables will be limited to a maximum of six guests.
- Please give your waitstaff and fellow diners plenty of space while in the pub, and maintain a 6-foot distance between yourself and those outside of your party as often as possible.
- All employees will wear protective facial coverings (yes, we’re providing them).
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at convenient stations.
- In the event that an employee tests positive for Covid-19, the pub will close for 3 days (and, of course, they’ll stay home until they are well).
- We will assess the potential scenario in which a diner tests positive for Covid-19 and we somehow learn of it on a case-by-case basis. Hopefully it is clear from the rest of our plan and its criteria that we will prioritize safety and scrutinize such a scenario with great caution.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- We have an extensive cleaning regimen for all common surfaces in the restaurant, which will be carried out at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Each table will be provided a fresh set of napkins and utensils upon arrival.
- Video game controllers will be sanitized after each use.
We’ll post regular updates on what Phase we’re in. It could be a while before things swing past Phase One, but we’re looking forward to Phase 2 and beyond as well!
We can’t wait to see you all back at the pub when the right time comes.
The Board Game Barrister and Oak & Shield Team